Here’s a recipe for those hot summer days when you are craving something fresh and crisp. The ingredients pair really nicely with one another for an awesome variation on the watermelon and feta salad. I hope you enjoy.
Chopped watermelon (I used about 5-6 thick quarter slices)
Handful of blueberries
Handful of fresh mint
One big lime
Small handful of feta cheese
Olive oil (about 3-4 tbs)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sparkling water of choice (I used Perrier)
1. Place chopped watermelon in large salad bowl
2. Add blueberries
3. Crumble feta over salad
4. Get in on the fresh mint action! Here’s our mint plant. Anywho, pick a handful of mint and either roughly chop or thinly ribbon the leaves.
5. Add mint to the salad. Reserve a few leaves for the mojito sparkling water.
6. Add the juice of one and a half lime halves. Reserve the last quarter for the mojito sparkling water.
7. Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, then toss the salad!
7. Add remaining mint and lime juice to Perrier, San Pellegrino, or sparkling water of choice.
Voila! Yummy tossed watermelon, blueberry, feta, and mint salad with mojito-inspired sparkling water on the side.
Don’t forget to follow Little & Luxe on WordPress, Bloglovin’, or both!