In recognition of December, and thus of the mass anxiety that arises in the knowledge that there are less than 4 weeks until Christmas, I’ve put together a few different gift guides to help quell any residual panic when faced with the question “What are you getting _______?”
I’ve been there, my friends, and am glad to lend a helping hand (or photoshop collage)! It also serves as something of a wish list for me, which works just as well!
And so it goes:
1. Auxiliary – Calisch Cross Body Bag – $250 (Aritzia). I just ordered this today in the stone colour. I really love the look and feel of this bag’s leather. It’s very luxurious, but also understated, and so it can be dressed up or down to suit your outfit.
2. Riedel – Swirl Wine Glasses – $87.90, with bonus wine decanter (Amazon). I have these at home, and they feel a lot cozier than stemmed wine glasses. I’ve recommended them as a gift before, and they were really well received by the recipient, along with a bottle of wine!
3. Madewell – Stackable bracelets – $32 each (Madewell). These are so beautiful and elegant, but still make a statement. I really like the look of “raw,” unfinished metal.
4. House of Cards DVD set, or the recipient’s favourite show – $19.99 (Amazon). But I just love House of Cards… go for House of Cards 🙂
5. Dominique Ansel’s new pastries recipe book The Secret Recipes – $26.33 (Amazon). If you don’t know who he is, Ansel is the inventor of the now world-renowned “cronut” and owner of an amazing little bakery in SoHo, Dominique Ansel Bakery.
6. Wilfred – Mixed Stripes Blanket – $75 (Aritzia). This is an oversized blanket scarf which is very, very, very useful and wonderful and awesome, etc. I own this scarf in 4 colours… I have a scarf problem…
7. Eddie Borgo – Gemstone Cone Bracelet – $325 (Eddie Borgo). I was very struck when I first saw this bracelet, and I think that the edginess of the cones paired with the softness of the pastel/gold palette makes such a beautiful combination.
8. Lo & Sons – The Catalina – $120 (Lo & Sons). I love Lo & Sons bags. I currently own The O.G. bag and just purchased The Catalina online a few days ago. The bags are structured so thoughtfully, and as someone who travels a lot, a good purse/overnight bag/travelling bag is always needed. They also have great sales and can be very economic. The website posts really awesome videos about what fits in each bag/how to sore items, and are very much worth the watch. If you haven’t heard of them, you should definitely check them out. You won’t be let down!
9. Tory Burch – Robinson Passport Holder – $135 (Tory Burch). I love the classically elegant feel with a modern twist that most Tory Burch items have. This passport holder is no exception. The Robinson line is one of my favourites of hers.
10. Rifle Paper Co. – Travel the World Art Print – $20-$40, depending on image and size (Indigo). These prints are awesome for creating an eye-catching frame collage/display. Indigo has a huge selection, including abstracts, lettering, and different images, but my favourite collection is Travel the World. The images depict token locations in different cities, and there are so many cities to choose from: New York, Rome, London, Paris, Istanbul, Sydney, Amsterdam, Bangkok, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, etc. I currently own the New York print, but I know I’m going to get more.
11. Diptyque – Custom Mini Candle Set – $90 (Diptyque). I am a big fan of Diptyque aromas, and I think that customized gifts are always a thoughtful choice because they show that you truly know the person you are gifting, and are individualizing that gift for them. Choose three candles tailored to your giftee’s palette and they will love you for it. I personally prefer woody and sometimes fruity scents, so my choices would be: Feu de Bois, Figuier, and Ambre
12. Diptyque – Résine – $68 (Diptyque). This is also an excellent choice for candle lovers. This is one of three limited edition holiday candles. This particular aroma is that of bark, resin, and crushed pine needles, which is very evocative of the holiday season for us living in the north! I know I’m going to purchase this at some point this season.
13. Kevyn Aucoin – Holiday Look Book Palette – $45 (Net-A-Porter). Really well priced for a luxury brand, I think that this makes a great gift/stocking stuffer for the beauty obsessed. It also includes a step-by-step guide for a natural and dramatic application of the products.
I hope this was a helpful guide! Tell me, what do you think makes a great gift/what would you love to receive this holiday season?