It’s not January yet, I know. But early resolutions show resolve, no? I’ll be frank, though, I suck at resolutions. It’s not so much that I have no follow-through, I have follow-through. It’s more so that I never get around to pin-pointing them, marking them down, and convincing myself that this is something I’m going to do. I’ve decided to change that.
1. Maintain activity … i.e. don’t be lazy –> a combination of yoga and running 4 times a week.
2. Bake something new once each month. I wish I had more time to commit to this, but 12 new recipes should be a good start.
3. Dedicate time for reading. Finish 1-2 books a month.
4. Write at least twice a week.
5. Take a vacation from work. A real vacation – no work-related emails, text messages, or phone calls.
6. Stay involved with the community (I’m currently volunteering at our local hospice).
7. Get an early start in the morning. I’ve already started doing this, waking up between 8:30 and 9 am. The challenge? 8 am, and sticking to it!
8. Eat well. I am sometimes too busy to grab breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, sometimes all three until 10 pm. Prepping some healthy snacks in the beginning of the week in easy-to-grab containers should help that.
9. Learn to use InDesign.
10. Travel to one new place.
These are goals I can truly commit to, and that I believe to be sustainable within the span of the year.
What are your resolutions this year?